Fire + Food = Delicious

Ever since cavemen first slapped a juicy wooly mammoth leg on a grill, fire has been an essential part of human life. Most foods just taste better cooked. We like to imagine that we have complete control over fire, but the fact remains that it can be a dangerous force in your restaurant kitchen. Is your restaurant prepared?

One of the easiest ways to keep your kitchen safe from flames is to keep it properly cleaned. Grease can easily accumulate on hoods, stoves, ovens and other kitchen surfaces, and a tiny spark can set the kitchen ablaze. Remember, never use water on a grease fire.

Also be aware of the dangers of leaving food unattended. An over-reduced sauce of a soup that’s boiled dry can do more than just ruin your pan: it can cause serious damage to your kitchen.

But when you’re dealing with so many cooking elements, a small blaze could kick up. Make sure that all kitchens are outfitted with chemical fire extinguishers, and that employees know where to find them and how to use them. It’s also a good idea to keep a first aid kit on hand for minor burns.

And if a fire should get out of hand, you have the right property insurance to ensure that you’ll be able to bounce back, right? If not, let’s talk about options, and how we can protect you, and keep your restaurant turning out tasty food.